09-10-2010: FM_kingkatt announced the beginning of open beta testing which was connected with bots. The first bot servers were opened. Also the first version of bots was released - 0.1
10-27-2010: FMS released new bots version - 0.2
11-03-2010: Futuremark Games Studio released new bots version - 0.3
Bots features Edit
Bot version 0.1
- Bots can play all game modes, although we are focusing on Battle and Assault to begin with.
- Bots can capture control points.
- Bots choose a random weapon at spawn from Assault Rifle, SMG or Shotgun.
- Bots use EMP and MPR grenades.
Bot version 0.2
- Reduced shooting accuracy slightly for all weapons, more so for shotgun
- Bots fight more defensively and make better use of cover
- Bots can switch to a closer target when encountering multiple enemies
- Bots use grenades more conservatively
- Bots can do tactical reloads
- Bots react better to control points being captured
- Bots have slightly reduced ability to detect enemies over longer ranges
- Code now takes silent mode and thruster state into account for enemy detection
Bot version 0.3
- Bots now have individual aggression levels. Some will take cover when shot at and some will charge.
- Each bot now has its own difficulty level parameter which affects its reaction time and accuracy.
- Difficulty levels vary from 0: easy to 10: very hard and can also be set to Dynamic.
- The default is Dynamic which changes the difficulty based on the K/D ratio of the targeted enemy.
- Bots can now use machinegun and railgun. These bots can also use the pistol.
- All bots now use melee attack when they get a good chance.
- Enemies spotted by bot team mates now appear on player radars.